These cookies are designed to be a post-workout cookie. Carbohydrate to protein ratio is 2:1 which is ideal for recovery and building muscle. Against popular belief, carbs do not make you fat! They are required to fuel the body and they also help you to recover after a workout.
This is probably the one of the easiest recipes ever. Stir the ingredients together, bake them, and - tada! - perfect protein cookies. They do not have the typical cookie texture; these are a little more delicate & crumbly, but they have a great taste.
This recipe uses chocolate whey isolate protein powder and peanut butter, but any other chocolate protein powder and nut butter would likely work.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Cookies
Recipe slightly adapted from FitFoodieFinds
Makes 12 cookies
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup chocolate whey isolate protein powder
- 1/2 cup turbinado sugar
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 large egg
- 1-2 tsp almond milk, if needed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, or lightly grease.
- Stir peanut butter, protein powder, sugar, cocoa, and egg together in a medium bowl until combined and cookie dough consistency. You may need to add 1-2 tsp milk to help incorporate.
- Spoon out about 2 tablespoons of dough into your palms and roll into a ball. Slightly flatten and place on a baking sheet. Use a fork to create criss-cross marks on the cookies.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until edges start to turn golden brown.
- Allow cookies to cool and harden or 10-15 minutes.
Nutrition Information (per cookie):
Calories: 181 kcal, Total carbohydrates: 15 gm, Total fat: 11 gm, Protein: 8 gm