If you like cookie dough, you will absolutely love these protein cookies! They are hearty, chocolaty, and peanut-buttery (is that a word?). I'd say these might even be breakfast-appropriate as well!
These cookies are made for a post-workout refuel. Carbohydrate to protein ratio is 2:1 and have a mix of complex vs. simple carbohydrates. They are a tad high in fat due to the peanut butter, but luckily it's healthy fats! Give them a try please comment with your thoughts!
No-Bake S'mores Protein Cookies
Adapted from The Big Man's World
Makes 15 cookies
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tbsp raw sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup vanilla protein powder (I used Designer Whey)
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup mini marshmallows
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, stir together rolled oats, graham cracker crumbs, sugar, salt, and protein powder. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine peanut butter and agave nectar. Microwave in 10 second increments until melted and smooth.
- Pour peanut butter mixture into oat mixture and stir until fairly-well combined. Add almond milk and stir to combine (will be very thick). Add marshmallows and chocolate chips and combine (I used my hands mix at this point).
- Form 15 palm-sized cookies and place on a baking sheet. Store in refrigerator to allow them to harden.
Nutrition Information (per 1 cookie):
Calories: 211 kcal, Total carbohydrates: 21 gm, Fiber: 2.5 gm, Total fat: 11 gm, Protein: 11 gm