They actually taste similar to peanut butter cookies, too. If you have ever had the Peanut Butter Cookie Larabar, these are very similar.
These no-bake cookies contain only 4 ingredients and are incredibly easy to whip up. All you need is a food processor and 15 minutes of your day!
Raw Peanut Butter "Cookies"
Recipe slightly adapted from Sweetest Kitchen
Makes about 28 cookies
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup dates
- 1/2 cup all-natural peanut butter (or other nut butter of choice)
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Optional: 2 tbsp cocoa nibs or finely chopped dark chocolate
- In a food processer, process almonds until they resemble coarse meal.
- Add dates, peanut butter, and vanilla. If nut butter is unsalted, add a pinch of salt.
- Process the ingredients until the mixture starts to form a dough and stick together (about 2 minutes). If mixture does not begin to hold together, add an extra tablespoon or two of peanut butter and blend again. Sprinkle cocoa nibs over dough (if using) and pulse to incorporate.
- Scoop mixture out in heaping tablespoons. Form each spoonful into a ball, and flatten with a fork.
- Store cookies in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Enjoy!
Mixture after processing - "dough"
Nutrition Information (based on 28 cookies)
Calories: 67.9 calories, Total carbs: 6.5 gm, Fiber: 1.2 gm, Total fat: 4.3 gm, Protein: 2.2 gm