Chocolate Banana Oat Muffins
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 1/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- powdered sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a muffin tin with 12 liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, blend together oil and honey. Add egg whites, bananas, applesauce, vanilla, and beat at medium speed until thick. Scrape down sides of bowl.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add flour mixture to banana mixture and blend at low speed just until combined. Mixture may be a bit lumpy. Fold in oats.
- Fill muffin tins about 2/3 way. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool muffins on a wire rack. Dust with powdered sugar if desired.